The infamous moment when French star Zinedine Zidane headbutted Italian defender Marco Materazzi during the 2006 World Cup final has been given the statue treatment by Algerian-born artist Adel Abdessemed and stands in front of the Centre Pompidou modern art museum in Paris (above).
- Zidane headbutt captured in statue form
- Lauren Cheney considers future as new women's soccer league is announced
- Indiana sports park set to be biggest in nation
- U.S. women's soccer team — and Lauren Cheney — go for gold
- Top 10 soccer stories of 2011
- Javanon '94 booted out of Kentucky State Open Cup tournament