The infamous moment when French star Zinedine Zidane headbutted Italian defender Marco Materazzi during the 2006 World Cup final has been given the statue treatment by Algerian-born artist Adel Abdessemed and stands in front of the Centre Pompidou modern art museum in Paris (above).
- More middle schools start soccer programs
- Zidane headbutt captured in statue form
- Wedding Bells!
- High school soccer stars move on to next level
- Why Brazil won't win the World Cup
- U.S. women's soccer team — and Lauren Cheney — go for gold
- Presidential trip!
- Piermario Morosini's death another reason to forget the season
- Referee blooper sees 'win' turn to loss
- Locals march on